Find the History in the Old Capital
Kyoto was the old capital in Japan since the 8th century, before Tokyo. Its nostalgic scenery with traditional atmosphere is something you can find only in Kyoto, as well as historic ryokans.Where to go
- Fushimi Inari-taisha shrine The arcade of endless vermillion gates "Torii" is one of the most famous view in Kyoto.
- Kinkakuji Temple The renowned golden temple in the Japanese garden has attracted millions of people for centuries.
- Kiyomizu-dera Temple Its wooden stage offers great scenery in each season such as cherry blossom in spring & fall folige.
- Sanjusangendo Hall Rebuilt in 13th century, this is also one of the most famous temple with its 1001 statues of Kannon.
- Zenrinji-temple, Eikan-do Located in Eastern Kyoto, Eikan-do is well-known for its beautiful fall folige illuminations.
- Kyoto Imperial Palace This is the former official residence of Japan's imperial family, known as "Gosho" in Japanese.
- Ryoanji-temple Rock garden The rock garden in Ryoanji is a symbol of not only Kyoto & Japaanese garden, but also Zen buddhism.
- Nijo castle This world heritage-listed castle is open for public with its 3 areas & surrounding Japanese garden.
- Nishiki market The long shopping arcade has hundreds of shops and restaurants to get Kyoto specialties.
- Cherry Blossoms Coming to Kyoto in spring? Cherry blossoms are the must-see with no doubt.
- Arashiyama Bamboo Grove Another symbolic view of Kyoto is the path among the soaring stalks of bamboo in Arashiyama.
- Fall Folige Find the best place for you to enjoy the colorful scenery, the symbol of Autumn in Japan.
- The Gion District, known as the entertainment and geisha quarter Gion is the most famous as geisha district, with a row of wooden and traditional buildings.
- Kaiseki Cuisine Kaiseki is traditional Japanese dinner of multi-course, for which Kyoto is well-known.
- The Riverbed (Kawakodo Dining) Must-see feature of summer in Kyoto. You can enjoy meals and drinks on a balcony by or on the river with the cool breeze.
Hiiragiya established in 1818 and all of us hope to create a peaceful time and space for your relaxation and enjoyment in Kyoto since its foundation with our time-honored hospitality.See Details
The noted ryokan built in sukiya-zukuri style (the style of a tea-ceremony house) is surrounded by a quiet environment, despite in central Kyoto. Tea-ceremony on 7th & 17th every month.See Details
3Amayadorino Yado Ujo Soan
Tango, another Kyoto along the sea. Giving thanks to the rich nature with rain, this is the 6-villa retreat for adults to enjoy raining. Open-air bath of Yuhi-ga-ura hot spring in all rooms.See Details
To our guests from both Japan & abroad seeking good cuisine & traditional Japanese lodging, we will offer the best ingredients & a comfortable environment to turn into good energy.See Details
5Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto
Authentic Japanese luxury in historic Kyoto Arashiyama. Set along the peaceful Hozu River, an authentic Japanese-style experience awaits at Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto.See Details
6Kyokoyado Yasaka Yutone
Within walking distance of many of Kyoto's most famous attractions, Yutone offers a cozy retreat in the center of Kyoto. Provide a quintessential ambience of Kyoto and authentic Kyoto Kaiseki.See Details
Newly opened in April 2013! Suisen offers you "Luxurious time in grand nature" and "Great authentic food". Wishing to be "The beloved ryokan". 13-room quiet retreat.See Details
Arashiyama, Kyoto shows a variety of faces in each season. Guests can have a relaxing stay away from the daily lives.See Details
Gion Hatanaka is a reservable location offering a taste of the old world capital of kyoto,nestled between the Yasaka Jinja-temple and Kogdaiji.See Details
You will find the best Kyoto traditions, warm-hearted people at your service, the finest rooms, the most delicious cuisine, all those dreams will be fulfilled here.See Details
11Sumiya Kiho-an Ryokan
Sumiya Kiho-an is the ryokan with hot spring, closed to Saga-Arashiyama with easy access to major spots in Kyoto. Enjoy the bath and relax in the luxurous and elegant atmosphere.See Details
Arashiyama Benkei was established in 1969 on the historical and scenic land known as Arashiyama. Please visit here to experience the utmost in comfort and relaxation.See Details
Motonago is in a quiet, nostalgic scene, completely apart from the hustle & bustle of the city. Once you step outside, you can sense the overflowing taste of Kyoto - Japan's old capital.See Details