A resort that carries forward the legacy of a private mansion from the late Edo period. "Yamazatonoiori Soene" faithfully reproduces a magnificent old mansion of Hida built in the late Edo period. As the breeze flows through the hallway, gently enveloping your heart, you can feel the essence of over a century of tradition of the mountain countryside. Return to your natural self in the rich ever changing nature, like the time eternally flows, calmly and without rush. Experience the forgotten precious moments of relaxation at your own pace.
Please select another Ryokan.
- VAT is included, but bathing tax (around JPY 150 per adult) may NOT be included.
- Price in USD is based on the exchange rate as of today and might be different from that of the booking date.
Enjoy having your meals surrounding the Irori hearth with the grace and seasonal taste of Hida.
Enjoy local foods and seasonal cuisine surrounding the Irori hearth. The rice cooked with firewood every day is unique to Soene. Please enjoy Hida beef and local dishes unique to Yamazato.
Cooked with firewood, every day.
At Soene, it is a tradition to cook the meals using a kamado pot and firewood.
Rice cooked inside a kamado pot has a warm texture and a sweet scent, making excellent taste.
Experience the taste of Hida, sitting around the Irori hearth.
The irori hearth has been the centre of hospitality and courtesy in Okuhida since long long ago.
The meals, the hospitality, special occasions and seasonal events the same, everything is experienced by the fireside. Please sit back and relax for tonight.
Fire hearth restaurant: Mokuan 1st floor
The meals are at the first-floor restaurant featuring a hearth.
Please enjoy your meal as you relax calmly surrounding the irori hearth, a tradition dear to the people of Hida. Table seats are also available.
A blissful time that you can spend immersed in the steamy water of a little known hot spring.
Soene, located at Fukuji onsen, has its own spring source and is a member of the 'Gensen Yujukuwo Mamorukai' association of resorts that have natural hot spring sources. Please enjoy the luxury of your whole trip to its fullest, enveloped in the essence of the rich nature flowing gently. There is a large public bath and three private baths for reservation.
Open-air bath with a private indoor bath for reservation
There are three private open-air baths for reservation at the hotel.
Each has an attached indoor bath, and each one has it's own beauty and mood to the open-air bath. From a snug and relaxed style open-air bath to a large bath where you can be at one with nature, there are three types of open-air baths that overlook the mountainscape of Fukuchi. Please enjoy the charming open-air baths to your heart's content.
Lend an ear to the tradition spanning a century, and get a glimpse of an old lifestyle. An Irori hearth reminiscent of the olden times, and hefty wooden beams running across. The warm fire glimmering quietly relaxes your heart. Sitting right next to the Irori hearth is almost symbolic to the people of Hida, it is a place that provides relaxation to everyone. Sit back barefooted and let your body relax.
831, Fukuchi Onsen, Okuhida Onsengo, Takayama city,,Gifu,506-1434,JAPAN
When using public transport:
Around 75 mins on the bus towards Shinhotaka from JR Takayama station. Get off at Fukuji Onsen, the resort is a 3-minute walk from there.
Get on the bus towards Hida Takayama from JR Matsumoto station, transfer at Hirayu Onsen towards Fukuji Onsen. Around 90 mins to Fukuji Onsen.
Take the express bus towards Takayama from Shinjuku west-exit, transfer at Hirayu Onsen towards Fukuji Onsen.
There is a direct bus from Osaka Umeda station to Okuhida Onsenkyō.
- Check-in Time
- From 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Check-out Time
- Until 11:00am
- Tax / Service Charge
- Bathing Tax JPY 150 per adult is NOT included in the rates.
- Credit cards accepted at this property
- VISA / MASTER / JCB / AMEX / DINERS / DEBIT CARD
- Adults (people of junior high school age and above) have to separately pay a bathing tax of ¥150 per person. Young children of 2 years and above who do not need meals, only have to pay a base rate of ¥3000 includes yukata (excludes meal/bedding fees). Free for infants under 2 years. Please fill in the remarks column.
- Pets are NOT allowed.
- Free of charge for guests;Capacity 20 vehicles
- Other policies & conditions
- During new year, golden week and Obon festival season, the restaurant uses a shared-table system and thus will not be able to allow children to use the service. For details, please contact the resort via telephone./On the day of lodging, in case you are running late for the entered check-in time, please contact the resort on the given number.Also, in case your arrival is delayed beyond 17:00 on the check-in day, please be sure to call the resort regarding preparing your food.