With three rooms on each floor, it is a luxurious space with 21 rooms in all. Truly a resort where you can "Play in the sky".The breathtaking view from the guest rooms is one of the best you can get when in Gero onsen. The "Taketori Monogatari" (The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter) bath place's indoor bath with its glass facades compliments the outdoor bath, together bringing out the charm of this heavenly bathing experience.Not only is the view great, the comfort of this lodging is also amazing. Enjoy quality Kaiseki cuisine full with the spirit of the season, served one after the other at "Suikintei", the restaurant where every room is rich in design elements made in sukiya-zukuri style.
Please select another Ryokan.
- VAT is included, but bathing tax (around JPY 150 per adult) may NOT be included.
- Price in USD is based on the exchange rate as of today and might be different from that of the booking date.
You can have your meal in a private dining room at 'Suikintei' that has one full floor dedicated to the restaurant. The place serves Kaiseki cuisine full with the spirit of the season, brought to you one after the other.Choosing the most appropriate to serve each and every Kaiseki cuisine, the food items change by the month. The restaurant ensures utmost eating comfort by suitably adjusting the temperature of the plates and dishes that the food is served in.
With the shimmering ringing of the suikinkutsu pot in the backdrop of the restaurant's reflection on the water surface.
Cross over the path wrapped in a fantasy like atmosphere to the restaurant Suikintei.
With Koma Tenjou, Hikari Tenjou and stained glass, the 15 rooms made in sukiya-zukuri style offer yet another private space. Meals serve Kaiseki cuisine made especially with the best seasonal ingredients including Hida beef and other fresh fortunes from the land of Hida. Matching the pace at which you would like to eat, each article is prepared one by one and served one by one. The dining
experience has a seasonal atmosphere with the fresh ingredients that bring out the beauty of the vessels that they are served on, as you enjoy some sake with someone special.
The perfect moment to blend with Hida's nature.
With a grand sight, overlooking the mountainscape of Hida, the resort prides in this onsen experience where it feels like being in the sky as you take a bath. You can fully enjoy an open-air experience when the climate is just right, opening the main doors lets the outside nature into the indoor bath with the garden that flows from the open-air bath to the indoor bath.
Open-air bath for reservation.
There are two open-air baths, 'Kōyō' and 'Wakaba', built away along the mountain stream.
[Charges (including taxes): ¥3,150 for 45 mins]
Featuring fresh air, the sound of mountain streams, and birdsong of the wild birds... Immerse yourself rest in the arms of mother nature.
Moments of joy, by the moonlight
The town of Gero, all of which is nestled within the mountains of Hida, slowly and gently descends into a deep blue darkness at night as the light starts to surface from the bottom of the waters.
The scenery blissfully changes by the moment, with drifting clouds in the sky. The light, wind, rain, fog and snow, everything feels refreshing to the senses.
Just enjoy the utmost relaxation, no need for words in the moments one can only experience here. That when you know that you can reach out and touch the moon from here.
The resort features a rock garden and an indoor garden. After enjoying relaxation at the lobby lounge "Suigetsu", visit the tea house "Ro'an" and see the 12 types of different coloured-patterns on display. Feel free to select your favourite for the choice of Yukata.
How about trying your hand at pottery for a great traveling memory?
Time: around 2 hours ¥3,150 (product shipping charges extra)
Esthe Salon (women-only)
Foot Reflexology: 20 mins per session, for ¥3,675
Aroma & Nail Kit.
Aroma pots and Nail kits are available for rent, free of charge.
1113 Koden, Gero city,,Gifu,509-2206,JAPAN
For arrival via Japan Railway
From Tokyo: Shinkansen - Nagoya - Takayama Main Line - Gero Onsen
From Shin Osaka : Shinkansen - Nagoya - Takayama Main Line - Gero Onsen
From Osaka: Takayama Main Line - Gero Onsen
Kanazawa: Hokuriku Main Line - Toyama - Takayama Main Line - Gero Onsen
From Niigata: Shinetsu and Hokuriku Main Line - Toyama - Takayama Main Line - Gero Onsen
- Check-in Time
- From 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Check-out Time
- Until 11:00am
- Tax / Service Charge
- Bathing Tax JPY 150 per adult is NOT included in the rates.
- Credit cards accepted at this property
- VISA / JCB / AMEX
- Please note that the resort does not accept reservation requests for groups of more than 8 people or for children younger than 12 years.
- Pets are NOT allowed.
- Free of charge for guests;Capacity 10 vehicles
- Other policies & conditions
- In case the number of people staying does not match the headcount mentioned during reservation, those who do not have a reservation can not stay. If the provided reservation details are not true or unfair, then the reservation contract becomes invalid and the reservation is canceled without prior notice.The meal location will be designated by the resort and thus cannot be selected. If you wish to have your meals in your room, then please choose a lodging plan that comes with in-room meals.The building is not universally designed. Please inform the resort of any slight allergies or foods that you would want to avoid, and they will comply as much as possible.The resort does not deal in assuring against severe allergies, so please decide on whether to accept the food only after consulting a doctor beforehand. This is because the foods being cooked in the same kitchen may come in contact with different ingredients.When visiting by car in the winters, the resort asks you to use studless tires.Please enter Gerokanko Hotel (0576-25-3161) for the destination on the car navigation system.Dinner starts at 19:00 at the latest, so please arrive by 18:00.