Please select another Ryokan.
- VAT is included, but bathing tax (around JPY 150 per adult) may NOT be included.
- Price in USD is based on the exchange rate as of today and might be different from that of the booking date.
Each season is accompanied by its own taste
Numerous delicacies like you only could have in Yamaguchi, surrounded by sea and mountains. Each season is accompanied by its own taste.
The highly-valued "tilefish" has been used in high class cooking throughout the ages, and is called "Guji" in Kyoto.
Summer: conger pike
It is a luxury you can savour in this season, with its refined taste and light colour of its fatty meat. Please be sure to enjoy the "flavour" of the local specialty conger pike.
Fall: Japanese tiger prawn
The Japanese tiger prawn, considered to be the king of prawns due to its beautiful figure and magnificent taste. It has especially received a good reputation for its "make-up" with an unique taste and tender texture, and for its chewy texture when "grilled with salt."
The invigorating pufferfish sashimi being a sure thing, but the concentrated taste of pufferfish in a hot pot, or the meatiness of fried pufferfish are are luxuries you can savour in this season. Please, relish on the taste of Winter.
Large Public Bath
Large Public Bath
Running water from a natural spring
This ryokan has a large family bath, and uses running water from a natural spring without rotation. Yuda Hot Spring's hot spring is really hot at 72 celcius degree and is for that reason cooled down with water at first, but after only spring water is poured in to maintain the temperature. The natural spring is used as "running water," so you get the regular fresh composition of a spring. Please enjoy the hot spring, soaking gently in warm water.
Family bath "restoration water"
The bathtub with restoration water was made at the end of the Tokugawa Shogunate, and is historical and cultural property where patriots loyal to the emperor like Takasugi Shinsaku, Kido Takayoshi, Saigō Takamori, Ōkubo Toshimichi, Itō Hirobumi, Ōmura Masujirō, Yamagata Aritomo, Inoue Kaoru, Sakamoto Ryōma from the Choshu, Satsuma and Tosa-clans and nobility like Sanetomi Sanjo from Shichikyoochi, frequently gathered at Matsudaya, to use the baths keeping the secret for overthrowing the shogunate a secret.
Open from 3:00pm to 9:00am
Reservation NOT available
Feel the historical atmosphere
Patriots who fighting for a new era, trying to make the Meiji Restoration happen. "Matsudaya Hotel" is known as a gathering place for them.
Proving this history are numerous of remaining cultural artefacts.
In the Restoration reference room, the "maple tree of patriotism," next to the hallway, on whose trunk Takasugi Shinsaku has inscribed his feelings is exhibited.
Lounge bar "Kinki"
At lounge bar "Kinki", alcohol, tea and coffee are served.
There is also a gallery, so you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
Open from 4:00pm to 10:00pm / 7:30am to 10:30am (coffe lounge)
3-6-7 Yuda-onsen, Yamaguchi-city,Yamaguchi,753-0056,JAPAN
From Yamaguchi-Ube Airport: 50min by car
From Shin-yamaguchi Station: 20min by car
- Check-in Time
- From 4:00pm to 8:00pm
- Check-out Time
- Until 10:00am
- Tax / Service Charge
- Bathing Tax JPY 150 per adult is NOT included in the rates.
- Credit cards accepted at this property
- VISA / JCB / AMEX / DINERS
- Children are allowed to stay with following fees.
- Children of elementary school or older, with same meals and bedding as adults: 70% of adult rate
- Children of elementary school or older, with children meals and adult bedding: 50% of adult rate
- Children of under elementary school, with meals and/or bedding: charged according to meals and bedding
- Children of under elementary school, with no meal and sharing a bed with adults: free of charge
- Pets are NOT allowed.
- Free of charge for guests; Capacity 30 vehicles; No Valet Parking Service
- Other policies & conditions
- Nothing in particular